Sunday, July 20, 2008

Which is better?

Friday I woke up really nauseated. I somehow managed to continue with being a mom and never threw up.

A. Friday night Whitney went to bed feeling sick. She woke up Saturday and threw up. She was down for the count. She threw up several times during the day and didn't really move off of the couch. I didn't have a single load of laundry with throw up. Summary: She milked every ounce of attention, but she can get up and throw up in the toilet or make it in a bowl.

B. Saturday night - Cassidy wakes up in the night throwing up. It requires a serious bath for her and washing everything that was on her bed - which is a lot of stuff. She wakes up Sunday morning eats breakfast and starts playing with toys. It is yet to be determined if she will throw up again. Summary: She makes a huge mess, but it doesn't slow her down.

So, the question is which is better A or B?

Grant is headed down hill. Aaron woke up a little queasy. Lindsey seems fine so far. Here's a positive note. It is much better to have this now at our house, then to have it in a few days in a cabin with 16 people and one bathroom.

6 comments:

Perschon Family said...

Oh I'm so sorry! That is the worst thing ever when it passes from person to person! I'd say A would be better for me because I get so grossed out cleaning up throw up. Hope you all get better so you can enjoy your trip!

Tamsen said...

I'm so sorry Heather. I'd have to agree that "A" is better, although I would take A and B over having sick kids at a cabin for a family reunion...so at least your timing worked out there. Hope everyone gets feeling better and I hope your sleep time tonight isn't spent changing Lindsey's sheets.

Katie said...

I'd say A because I hate anything to do with throw up and I hate laundry so that would be a double whammy. Sorry they're sick, wish I was there to give you a hand. Good luck!

The Grant Family said...

Yowzers! I think I'd take "A" too. I hate cleaning up throw up and we've done way too much of that at our house. Sorry you're all sick. Hope it passes quickly.

Sara and Company said...

I actually think I'd take the one time get it out of your system than the constant moaning, clinging and misery....for the child and for anyone close to them. But really, I'd take no sick over any...hopefully you are there now and that it didn't decide to spread. Wishing you good health!

g said...

I would take B, man everytime they heave is another heave for me. I have a hard time seeing someone throwup and not kick in as well.