Sunday, September 14, 2008

A whole lot of crap


As I was getting out of the shower this morning I hear Aaron calling my name for help. Apparently Grant was awake and had a major blow out. Aaron is supposed to be out the door already for his 7:30am meeting. I get a robe on and take over. It required a bath and a load of laundry. Sheets, blankets, changing table pad cover, pj's. After getting all of that cleaned up I am way behind on my schedule to get out the door for 9:00am church. I usually shower the night before but for some reason forgot last night, so this was already putting me behind.

I managed to get everyone there with about 20 seconds to spare. As we were getting out of the car Cassidy tells me that she now has a major hole in her tights. Right on the front of the leg. About 1 minute into the meeting I realize I forgot Grant's pacifier - AKA at church - the plug. We really can't get through a meeting without it. About 10 minutes into the meeting I realize that I had forgotten the snack bucket for Lindsey's nursery class. About 15 minutes into the meeting Cassidy is pleading that she has to go to the bathroom. Grant is soooooooo loud that I decide to take Grant & Cassidy and run home so that I can get the plug, the bucket and Cassidy can go to the bathroom and change her tights. I get back for the last 10 minutes of the meeting. I sort of feel guilty for leaving - but who am I kidding - I would have been in the hall with Grant anyway.
After Sacrament Meeting we usually divide up - I take the kids who have to go to the bathroom and Aaron takes Grant and anyone left. I get Whit & Cass to their classes and catch up with Aaron in class. Right as I walk in he hands Grant to me and says he needs to be changed since I conveniently had the diaper bag. So I don't even sit down and head to the bathroom. We get that cleaned up and start heading back to class and he decides to go again. So we turn around and go back to bathroom. We finally make it back to class. Aaron got a turn about 20 minutes later.
A few minutes into R.S. he has another major blow out. This one required a change of clothes. The one bathroom with a changing table in the entire church (what is with that) had a line so I take him to my next changing spot of choice - the bench in the handicap bathroom that is used for the Baptism font. I get him mostly cleaned up and stand him on the floor to get his shirt off. I suddenly hear this strange noise and look down to discover he has just peed all over the floor. (I know he is a boy, but he never does that.) I'm sure the other people were wondering what I was doing as I keep getting more and more paper towels to clean things up. But as I walked out with Grants clothes in one hand and him in just his diaper, you could pretty much get the idea. Luckily I had a backup outfit that I always keep in my car for just such an occasion. I managed to catch about 10 minutes of Relief Society before he goes again. I had to go back out to the car because at this point I am out of diapers and I had given my wipes to my friends husband who couldn't find theirs. Thank goodness for my backup diaper bag that I always keep there, it really came in handy today. I decided to not go back in for the last 5 minutes and just gathered up my kids and went home.
I really don't think he is sick - since those in my ward are thinking great, I was just exposed to this. If you read my previous post about the trouble he was having, I think things are just moving now. It is one extreme or the other with him. I've only had to change him once since we got home.
Sorry about all the posts about this, but that seems to be my life. I promise to keep it clean next time.

5 comments:

Kristen and Co. said...

Holy crap! It's nice to know that others have that kind of a Sunday once in a while too. Been there. Still there. Best wishes for a peaceful Sabbath next week!

Perschon Family said...

You weren't kidding....that was a whole lot of crap!!! I had a feeling when I passed you at church in the bathroom that it was one of those days for you! I'm amazed that you came back! I would've thrown in the towel way before you did! I hate days when I feel like my life revolves around...crap! With little kids it always seems to happen all at once! (Thanks for sharing this story! I seriously laughed a ton while reading it!!!)

Laura said...

Those are the days you come home from church felling like you just ran 10 miles.

The Grant Family said...

Congratulations for making it through! When it rains, it pours. Also, just so you know there is a second changing table in our church building. Not many people seem to know about it. It's one of those attached to the wall, fold down ones and it's located in the bathroom next to the coat closets & water fountains in the foyer next to the stake offices. (did that make sense???) Anyway, no one seems to know about it.

Mrs. Whitney's Classroom said...

What a day! I'm surprised you stayed as long as you did! I'm glad to hear things are moving through Grant's system more easily (a little too easily!)