This weekend we took a mini family vacation. We had a free night stay at a Marriott and we decide to take the kids all the way to Lehi, UT. Whitney had Friday off of school so Aaron took the day off and we surprised the kids. We spent the day at Thanksgiving Point. We went to the children's gardens, the Cornbelly pumpkin festival, the Farmers Market. They loved staying at the hotel. Such a novelty for them. They especially loved going swimming at the hotel and going down to the lobby for breakfast in the morning. You should have seen how much food Cassidy had. She wanted some of everything.
We were planning on watching the first session of General Conference at the hotel, but decided after two hours in that small room in the morning that it was time to leave. Grant was stuffing fruit loops into the radiator, C&L were chasing each other all over, the three of them went around getting into everything they could. The one day vacation is just right for our kids. We get to have lots of fun together, but it isn't a long drawn out vacation that we all end up frustrated and annoyed with each other.


8 comments:
Soo cute!! I love those pictures! Is that at Thanksgiving Point? I love the carriage. Looks like fun!
Oh my gosh! I love that Grant was stuffing fruit loops into the radiator!!! That cracked me up! The picture of him milking the cow made me chuckle too!
Ahh the joys of family vacations!
It sounded way fun and I love that Cassidy enjoyed the food! I think you were smart to do the 1 day thing! The kids looked like they had a great time! Your pictures are all so cute.
BTW... while I'm commenting I wanted to say thanks for all of your nice & fun comments on my blog! I feel privilaged to have had you on it for so long! (sorry I use WAY too many pictures and words and I post every time someone farts!) But I have fun with it and I love getting comments like yours! It makes my day! (I especially love when I know people understand what I'm talkin about...I appreciated your HUG!! Those days are killers but we're ok now!)
See...I can't even write a short comment! It is already a novel so I'll keep going....as for the Natalie Grant song...I heard that on the radio on my way home from church and I LOVED it so I looked her up. I think she is a gospel singer but not LDS so I hadn't heard of her either! I actually was going to do a post on that song because it made me think of all the people around me who are facing huge trials right now!
OK I"M DONE! I've taken WAY too much of your time today!!!! Thanks again for your comments! You're awesome and I think your kids are adorable...they make my day each Sunday!
That looks like so much fun. And what a great idea. Kids have a great time on vacation whether they are close to or far from home. Thanks for the idea!
The pictures were all taken at the Cornbelly's Corn Maze or Pumpkin Festival - whatever it is called. Which is being held at Thanksgiving Point.
That is the best idea because you also don't have to pack up your whole house. I love all your pictures. We will have to go check out Thanksgiving Point.
I love little vacations like that! Catie had a soccer game in Park City on a Friday night a few weeks ago. We would have stayed the night if it weren't for Ethan's soccer game the next morning. Darn!!! Next time!
So so perfect! Sounds like the ideal vacation!!! (no really....we just might have to follow suit.)
Post a Comment