My first post on my blog was Grant's 1st birthday. Here we are a year later, amazing how time flies. I didn't think when I started that I would get into it, but I was wrong. I just printed my first year of blogs, it was 137 pages long. I am so grateful for all that history that is now recorded for my family.
Anyway on to the birthday boy. Grant is in heaven with all his new stuff. He just keeps moving from one thing to another. I've never seen him so happy.

When Grant opened his new car, Cassidy's response was "Now we have a car just like everybody else." Which is true. It is a classic. He has played in one of these at several people's houses and has absolutely loved it. He doesn't like to share his car very much, but his sisters are having a good time pushing him around in it.
This was our first experiment with using fondant instead of frosting. It was fun to play with and see what you can do. I'm excited for another kid's birthday so we can try again. It took about as long as the traditional piping method, but not nearly as frustrating. It is a fun tradition we have created, staying up to midnight the night before their birthday frosting a cake. I know it is a lot of work, but I think my kids are worth it. It is something they look forward to all year.


Grant is a big fan of his Grandpa. He usually goes running to him first thing.
Happy Birthday Grant - we love you!
4 comments:
I can't believe my little guy is 2! He gets cuter every day. I'm glad he got some fun new toys and that cake looks awesome as always!
Great job on the cake! I'm glad you didn't "chicken out". :P Pretty easy to use huh? :) Happy birthday little guy!
Happy Birthday Grant!!!! These little babies are growing up so fast!
Way cute cake:)
He is such a happy little guy. I agree with you that the kids are worth the trouble we go to for them to have great memories.
Post a Comment