Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm a big kid now

Last night Grant did what I have been dreading. He almost climbed out of his crib. I walked into his room as he was about to go over the side. I knew it was only a matter of time. My monkey boy isn't the type to just stay put. I figured he would get completely out within the week.

Today I was out running some errands and decided to drive by a few of the garage sales that were going on. I found this so cute fireman toddler bed. I had to get it. I probably wouldn't have moved him quite yet, but it was too fun to just stick in storage for a few weeks until we were ready.

Look at the cute innocent boy pretending to sleep. At least I can put the gate up and when he wakes up at 6:15am tomorrow like he has been doing, he can just stay in his room and play until I'm ready to get him out. So - here's to no sleep tonight. Wish us luck.

UPDATE * * * Grant has slept in his bed 3 times - 2 nights and 1 nap. We haven't had him get out of bed once. It is so fantastic! In the morning or after his nap he will get up and start knocking on the door. It is so cute. He has always been really good at going to bed. The kid plays hard and then crashes.

It is very sad to put my crib away knowing I will never use it again. My girls were all this same age when we put them in a big bed, but it was usually because we had to make way for another kid. Very weird feeling to be closing doors to that part of my life.

6 comments:

Perschon Family said...

your solution is a lot cuter and more fun than my tent solution! it is WAY cute! good luck tonight!!!

The Grant Family said...

Gotta love great finds like that. Looks VERY cute!

Good luck tonight!

Vanessa said...

That bed looks like sooo much fun! They grow up so fast.

Katie said...

Granty looks so old in that first picture and that bed is so cute! Now look who finds the good yard sales!

We just switched Kiara to a big girl bed last night too and I am now realizing that my days of sleeping in are over. How did your first couple of nights go?

Tamsen said...

CUTE bed! I've always been surprised at how well my boys have transitioned into toddler beds as well. Love the decor you've added to his walls too. Thanks for the call today!

Laura said...

adorable!