Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Temple Open House

Draper Temple Open House.
We were so excited to take our children to see the new Draper Temple. What a rare opportunity it is to have two temples open within the same year right by us. This was supposed to be such a great way to teach our children and to feel of the spirit there. We also invited a couple and their young daughter from our ward that are not active so that they too could experience this. I will only briefly summarize our nightmare because I don't know if I really want to ever remember it. Our tickets were at 3:30pm. We got back into our car at 6:30pm. 3 hours of standing in lines, crammed on a shuttle bus, Grant screaming, our friends bailing before they even entered the temple because it was just too horrible, Grant screaming, our kids tired and hungry. It was a joke. The only thing my kids would say after is, "Why do you have to stand and wait so much at the temple?" "When you go to the temple do you have to stand and walk so much?"

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House
My kids were not as excited to go again. This time, it was so much better. We got the experience that we were hoping for at the previous temple. We were back in our car within an hour. We were actually able to discuss with our kids the great things that they saw at the temple. My kids walked away with a desire to attend the temple someday.

The point of me posting about the temple open houses was really because I wanted to write about the funniest thing that happened. When we were at the reception at the end Aaron and the kids were sitting on a couch eating their cookies. As I was approaching them, a sister missionary from Guatemala came over and said to Aaron: "Oh, are you here with your grand kids today?" Then I went and sat down (trying really hard not to bust up laughing) and we talked to her for a while. It took about 5 minutes for her to realize that he was their Dad and not their Grandpa. Hee hee hee hee Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. I'm still laughing about this and it was over a week ago.

5 comments:

Nelsons Blog said...

he he he.....poor Aaron :)

The Grant Family said...

Oops.....that last one was me, Stephanie. I was logged in for my dad and as I hit enter and saw his picture pop up I said OoPs!

Perschon Family said...

love that you shared that moment with us! Good for you for not cracking up! Glad it was a fun experience this time! I'm so excited to be part of it!

And cute little graduates! Max will be so excited when he loses his first tooth. And I agree...they grow up so darn fast!

Katie said...

This sounds very familiar to Laura's post from a few weeks ago and I laughed equally as hard this time! My brothers are getting up there though, it's sad really!

Tamsen said...

Rob and I are sitting here in our hotel in AZ laughing! It reminds me of when Rob and I chaperoned a stake dance when we were first marriend and one of the kids said to me, "You are married to HIM? He looks 40 and you look 18!" It must be the hair...miss you guys.