Glenwood is where my mom is from. It is a small town just east of Richfield. We were able to visit my grandpa who is now in a care center in Richfield. He is almost 96 years old. It was very difficult for me to see him. He didn't know who I was and was very confused as to why I was in his room. Even though he didn't know me, I am grateful that I was able to see him again.
This is the house my mom grew up in. We were able to go inside and let the kids look around. They have been here before, but they don't remember any of it.

On the way home we went to Cove Fort. From lds.org: "A safe haven built in 1867, Cove Fort was constructed at the halfway point between Fillmore and Beaver, Utah. In the 1860s the 60-mile trip between these two towns required two days of travel. Cove Fort was the perfect place to stop for the night to find safety, shelter, fresh water, and plenty of feed for livestock."
We were met at our car by a missionary who took us on a tour. It is very interesting to see all the rooms and different things. Our family really enjoyed this tour. It makes you appreciate the nice comforts that we have today.
No comments:
Post a Comment