Sunday, February 13, 2011

28 Day Sugar Rehab

Aaron and I are in a 28 day sugar rehabilitation program. We aren't going to eat sugary foods for the next 4 weeks in an attempt to break the bad habits. We just finished our first week, and so far so good. There were many temptations this week, but we survived. In primary today we talked about ways to avoid temptation. The first idea is to DECIDE before the temptation occurs that you aren't going to do it. Second is to PRAY for help to avoid temptation. Third is to LISTEN to the Holy Ghost. I realized how this is very much like the process that Aaron and I are going through. We decided that we wouldn't eat sugar (we even pinkie swore.) This made it easier when we were at my mom's and there were several yummy looking treats there. Since we had already decided we wouldn't, it was easier to not eat it. I have been praying for help to be more healthy and eat less sugar. Now I just have to make it through Valentine's Day!

One of our new healthy discoveries is Bountiful Baskets. This is a food co-op that we get fruits and vegetables from. I love this. We always have fresh veggies & fruit around the house to snack on. Below is a picture from Saturday's pickup of food. What is most amazing to me is that something like this exists and I had never heard of it. Standing in the gym of a elementary school with a couple of hundred people to pick up food and realizing that there are hundreds of sites all around doing the same thing leads me to wonder. . . . Why did no one ever tell me about this before?


1 comment:

Tamsen said...

Way to go! I've done the no sugar thing a few times and the first week is always the hardest. Happy (sugarfree) Valentine's Day! Miss you.