Grant and I met with the surgeons for a follow up appointment. Everything looks great on the recent MRI scans. It appears that they got everything out. We will do another follow up MRI in about two years just to make sure nothing is growing. It only takes a small dot left behind to start growing again. He has been cleared to ride his bike and play on the playground again. They said he can go sledding, but should wear a helmet. He is very excited to get back to doing the things he loves. Now it just needs to warm up a little so he can play outside!
While they were reviewing the before scans they showed me where the cyst was between the hemispheres of the brain. I think it was good that I didn't see that before the surgery. It was much larger and deeper in than I had realized. Probably 1-2 inches into the brain. We had looked at the scans with them before the surgery, but they discovered that cyst later when meeting with the radiologist. I don't want to think about what could have happened if we had not discovered it when he was this young. I am just so thankful that he is doing so well. It truly is a miracle that he recovered as quickly as he did.


2 comments:
I am so glad things are going so well! Your sweet family has been in my prayers!
He looks so good Heather. Thanks for the update. Huggs to all of you.
Post a Comment