We accomplished a lot of things the first two months. We kept with my plan to go to a new library each week. Draper Library wins for best library. South Jordan comes in a close second because of the water fountain outside. We went to Thanksgiving Point several times. We went to the splash park a few times. We went on the two vacations with our extended families. I think we had a great summer. Only problem is, it isn't over. We are all burned out of summer. We are pretty much bored of my master plan now. We still have a few fun things coming up - Lagoon, the Zoo.
Whitney still has three weeks until school starts. THREE WEEKS! You know how they say that kids forget most of the stuff they learn at school during the summer. It is true. Whit has an assessment test for school next week. I thought it would be good to refresh a little on her math facts (4+3, 5+6, 7+8 etc.) She has flashcards that she got in school last year that we had to practice all the time. It is a stack of about 75-100 cards, goes from plus or minus two to plus or minus ten. We used to be able to fly through it in 3 or 4 minutes. She couldn't remember a single card. It took us over 20 minutes to get through the stack. Needless to say she has a new job on her chart to practice everyday.
4 comments:
I was NOT happy when I found out that the schools here had year round school. But, it was where we found a house so we did it. Now, I LOVE year round school. ("A" and "D" tracks that is, because those tracks get around 7 weeks of summer.) I love that they get the 3 week off-track times that refresh them without losing all they've learned.
This is our last week off of school and I'm thinking of doing a picnic in the canyon or something fun. Maybe I should give you a call so we can help with the long 3 weeks you have left!
I still can't get over how cute Cass is in her glasses but what gets me even more is that she's in preschool! It doesn't seem that long ago that we were stuck in AZ trying to get our car fixed to get back and see her when she was born. She is such a doll, I know she'll do great in preschool. I'm sure Whit will catch back up in no time, she's a genius. What will you do when you only have Lindsey & Grant? That will be fun. Wish we were there-we miss you all.
Wow..I'm amazed at all you've done this Summer! And I agree...the Draper library is awesome! I grew up with long Summers so I don't know any different but I'm sure once I have a school-age kid to entertain that long I will agree with you! Good luck finishing the next few weeks! Also, that is so fun that Cassidy loves her school! Max won't stop talking about his...one week till he starts! YEAH!
I can definitely see the appeal of year round, although like Stephanie, I was not thrilled at first. I so remember being bored out of my mind by the end of summer. I'm impressed at how much you've been able to entertain and wish you the best of luck in weeks to come. I'll definitely have to check out some of those libraries. Hope you had a great anniversary playing at lagoon!
Post a Comment