Aaron has been working on a project at work lately that combined two of his latest passions. Video editing and cooking. He has been creating videos for work and has been in Provo twice a week editing videos with a company there. They went to Park City last Tuesday and shot a movie with French Chef Jean Louis. (You have to say it in a French accent.) He was all giddy going to work that day. After spending the day with a Chef and Valentines day just around the corner, he decided to make me a fancy dinner. I have found out that it is hard to photograph food, but I tried.
Our first course was a delicious Waldorf salad:

Followed by the main course - this was Corn Cake with a Parmesan cracker and Steak Roulade. (Steak rolled with a potato, garlic, bacon, onion mixture) It was yum!

For dessert was a chocolate molten cake with Black Raspberry Chocolate Chunk ice cream.

And of course flowers.

We both wish he had more time to cook. The kids often joke that if Dad is cooking, it doesn't have a name. He doesn't like recipes, he likes to create.
6 comments:
Holy Cow! Aaron can come cook at our house anytime! Better yet, he can teach my husband how to do that. How romantic!
WOW!!!! Aren't you lucky! THat looked like a pretty spoofy meal! I'm very impressed!! I especially liked the heart shaped lettuce leaf! And the flowers were beautiful! Go Aaron!
Brody loves to cook. Now that we have directv we love to watch the food channel! Brody is a way better cook than me but like Aaron, doesn't have as much time to do it as he'd like!
Oh and about the IKEA Cinnamon rolls...I just bought a package of 6 when I was there last week. It was $4 for the 6 but well worth it! (especially when I warmed them back up! YUM!)
Way to go Dar! I think even I would have eaten that meal (except the salad--that's a little too fancy for me)! The steak especially looked delicious. I've recently discovered I like garlic and anything with it. Great flowers too.
Well, look at that! That is awesome! Jason can make cereal and eggs w/toast....but it's been a while since he's made the latter. Fun for you!
WOW!!
Go Iron Chef Dar. That is quite a presentation. I think that he might have cooked for us all back in the college days, but nothing like that. I am impressed and now want fancy steak and ice cream.
Post a Comment