Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lindsey is 4

I love this picture of Lindsey. She was such a chunk! She is about 4 months old here and weighing in close to 20 pounds. I had to get Physical Therapy on my back from hauling her around.
My girls
Lindsey went with a Hello Kitty theme for her birthday party. Dad is always in charge of frosting the cakes - for obvious reasons. I bake it, he frosts it. Sounds like a deal to me.
She had a party with four of her little friends. They got to play pin the bow on Hello Kitty (Aaron comes in very handy for these sort of things, there is no way I could have drawn that) I made them each a cute bow to wear like Hello Kitty. We painted finger nails. We played Hullabalo - a favorite Cranium game of Lindseys. All in all, the girls had fun and went home happy, that is all that matters - right? You don't have to spend hundreds of dollars for the kids to have fun. They are just happy that they get to go to a party.
The night before Lindsey's birthday Whitney and Cassidy pull out their baby books. I am a failure on this part of my life. Whitney has about 4 months scrapbooked and Cassidy has a page with her name on it and a few things just stuffed into sheet protectors. Lindsey & Grant had nothing. So when Cassidy and Whitney were looking at their books and Lindsey is in tears because she doesn't have one . . . . you can guess that I feel like a failure as a mom. So after she goes to bed I decide to do some speed scrapbooking. I go through my photos, I have one picture of Lindsey that is printed. So, I go through all my online photos, upload them to be printed. I make a cover page with her name on it and go through all my paper and pull out anything that is baby or girly. I had a couple of pages that just had quotes on them to cut out and put on pages. Morning of her birthday I run out to the store and she picks out a baby book. (Can't get things past her.) Then I pick up the photos from the store and as Cass & Linds are watching a movie I spend an hour slapping some scrapbook pages together. I got about 15 pages done. She didn't know I was putting the pictures in her book, so she was very surprised to open it up and see the pictures. She has probably looked at the book about a hundred times. Well worth the effort. Now I just need to do the same thing for Cassidy - because of course now she is the one saying - why don't I have any pictures.
Happy Birthday Lindsey - we love you!

8 comments:

Chels said...

I can't believe she's 4! It seems like just yesterday she was turning 2 and we were talking about it in Nursery...wow...you are such a great Mom! I'm glad she appreciated all of your efforts to make her book :)

Katie said...

I'm still having a hard time swallowing this one. 4 seems so old! Linds is such a good little girl though and we are so lucky to have her in our family.

I am very impressed with the speed scrapbooking. Nothing like a little guilt to get things accomplished, huh? And I can totally hear Cassie saying that!

Katie said...

Oh and can I just say how it's really not fair that my brother has more craftiness than I do? The cake and the poster look awesome! You are both so talented.

The Grant Family said...

Ummmm...seriously...Aaron decorated that cake!!! Can he decorate my kids cakes too? WoWeee!!! Nice job!

Good job on catching up with the scapbooking. Way to slap 15 pages together and then do Activity Days too!

As for me, I think I'm a scout failure! We end 5 or 10 minutes early every time because I can't seem to fill an hour. The boys have no interest doing quality work. They just slap things together and are ready to move on to the next activity. Ugh!!! Sorry for the vent. :) mUch beter now. :)

Sara and Company said...

Failure as a mom? Are you kidding me?! You are amazing. Especially with them that close. And the fact that you pulled that little stunt off clearly shows how wonderful of a mom you are.

4 is soooo fun! Happy birthday cute Lindsey! Oh, and the cake is awesome!

Perschon Family said...

Oh...the similarities...I was so bored after I had Max and wasn't working anymore so I actually scrapbooked a lot fo him eventhough I HATE SCRAPBOOKING. I was just so bored. But Luke doesn't even have anything with his name on it! UGG! It has been on my list of things to do for so long and I just don't want to do it!
I love that you spent the time to do it for her though. THat is so cute she looked at it over and over! And the party looked like a great success! Go Aaron on the decorating! What a sweet, cute girl! She waved to me in sacrament mtg. the other day and gave me the cutest little smile! It made my day!

JD said...

I love all the pictures, the cake and your quick scrapbooking.
-Laura

Kristin said...

Now see, where you went wrong was all of the scrapbooking you did for Whitney. You can't set a standard like that. lol. Good job with the quick pages. I am impressed.

It is hard to believe that Lindsey is four. I remember seeing her as a chubby little baby. I thought that she was the cutest thing ever! She is still a doll. They are all so cute. And WOW with Dar's cakes. He's amazing.