We recently drove to California to visit Aaron's sister Katie and Ben and Kiara. A few weeks before we decided to go out there, they were chosen by a birthmom to adopt her baby. The baby was due Oct. 4th. We were going to be there the week before that. We were hoping that the timing would work out right so that we could be of help to Katie to watch Kiara. The timing couldn't have worked out better. We got there Saturday night. Katie got a text message Sunday morning that the birthmom was in labor. After a frantic morning of trying to get Ben home from a business trip in Seattle, they took off and we stayed with Kiara. (More posts to come about all the fun stuff we did while we were there.) They got back Tuesday night and we left on Wednesday morning. Even though we didn't get to spend time with Katie and Ben - I did get to see my new nephew Boston. I just have to rub it in a little since we are the only members of the family that have seen him and held him! What a cutie. We are so excited for you guys, Congrats!
4 comments:
Again, we really can't thank you enough. I can't imagine what the experience would have been like without you guys here and I am so grateful it all happened the way it did.
If I could just ask one more favor though, PLEASE take that picture of the 4 us off! That is brutal!
Only because I love you, I took the picture off. But I don't think it is a bad picture of you guys. I stole one off your facebook page instead. :)
Well, now I am very curious about that picture!
Thank you! Much better!
Post a Comment