Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cougar Country


Once a year we receive a free night stay at a Marriott hotel through a Marriott Rewards Visa Card. It isn't worth traveling very far to just stay one night, so we like to stay close by and visit all the cool places in Utah. Last year we stayed at Thanksgiving Point and spent a day there playing. This year we headed down to Provo. We stayed at a brand new Marriott that is right behind the Glenwood Apartments where Aaron and I first met.

We took the kids on a nostalgic tour of Provo, visiting all the different places we lived - the Glenwood, the Colony and WyView. They didn't enjoy it nearly as much as we did. We took them out to dinner to the Pizza Factory. (I passed Los Hermanos the next day and I wished we would have gone there!) We went swimming in the pool at the hotel. We went to the Bean Life Science Museum. We went to the bookstore. We toured the library. We went bowling in the basement of the Wilkensen Center. We toured the new addition to the Tanner Building. The kids favorite part was listening to the bells play "All is Well" every hour. I think the mini vacation was a lot more interesting for Aaron and me. It was great to be on campus again. Not that I actually went to BYU, I went to UVSC. I spent a good deal of time on campus for church and then when Aaron was in MBA school we went up there a lot. Ah, the good ol' days!






We are pretty pathetic bowlers. This is even with the bumpers on!








4 comments:

Tamsen said...

Ahh, Los Hermanos. Good times. Loved that you stayed behind the Glenhole, I mean Glenwood. And as far as the bowling goes, at least you broke 100 (always my goal).

Angela said...

That sounds like a fun trip, I would love going to the old hangouts. Great Idea. We bowl every year on Christmas Eve and last year Ava beat us all. She did have the bumpers, I should have tried them.

Kristin said...

Looks like a fun little trip. I haven't been back to the Y in years. They were good times. I am blessed to have known you and Dar for a time there. Great idea. We'll have to take our kids there when we are in town sometime.

The Grant Family said...

Ahhhh...BYU. Miss those days!