Thursday, November 12, 2009

Princess Party

Here are a few pictures of Cassidy's Princess Birthday party. I did this same party for Whitney a few years ago. If it is a hit for one, why reinvent the wheel - right?!
They each got to decorate their own Barbie cake. Which is one of the small, Kelly size Barbie stuck into a mini bundt cake. One of the girls when she saw it said "Eww, that is disgusting putting a Barbie in a cake!" Very funny.Then they all learned how to curtsy like a princess and learned a dance from Bella Dancerella. (For those of you without little girls it is a DVD.) The wands are made by a dowel stick with a hole drilled into it. Spray painted and a ribbon attached.


Cassidy with her birthday crown she got at school.

Cassidy with her flowers from Dad.

5 comments:

The Grant Family said...

Oh that is just darling! It will be fun to go through the princess phase again...this time with Ellie. It's been awhile. Two boys made me appreciate girliness again. :)

Vanessa said...

Very cute! Now I know what to do for Alayna when she turns 6! :P I'm actually planning on making her a dress cake for her bday this yr. but having her little friends decorate doll cakes is a GREAT idea when she gets bigger! Thanks for the idea!! LOVE it! :)

Angela said...

So cute, I love the cakes. You were a busy mom to get that all ready. I hope Cassidy's birthday was great.

Laura said...

What an adorable party. I love everything about it. You guys are truly amazing.

Perschon Family said...

very cute birhtday party! i think the cakes turned out amazing! great idea! so funny that one girl thought it was gross! ha!