Sunday, March 7, 2010

Picture Practice

Aaron gave me a new camera for Valentines day. In order to learn something new it requires practice, so I took my kids outside and practiced taking pictures. I still have a lot to learn about f-stops and aperture and all that jazz. I need to find a good photo editing software to use. I am looking at Photoshop Elements or Apple has a new program called Aperture. Any of my photo editing friends have any suggestions?
Here are a few of my favorites. I haven't had a chance to go in and edit any of these. For these next pictures I had it set on continuous pictures so it captured the entire sequence of Lindsey throwing a shovel of snow. Kind of a fun feature.

This picture I am trying to capture the block of ice that Cassidy is throwing at me. It is hard to see it because it is white, but still cool to capture that mid-air.

I just love this picture of Grant. One of my very favorites.


I am excited to have a new hobby. Now I just need it to warm up so I can go outside and get more practice!

7 comments:

The Grant Family said...

Looks good! Learning to take "real" pictures is on my list of things to do. Don't know when I'll get to it, but it is on the list! Good luck learning!!!

Angela said...

What kind of camera did you get? The pictures look amazing, I can't believe that they have not been edited. I also love the one of Grant, so handsome.

Angie said...

How fun! I also want to know what kind of camera you got. Those are great pictures. Photography is one of those things I would love to do one day. I have photoshop elements and use it to edit photos and also do digital scrapbooking. I also use it to make Christmas cards, birth announcements & invitations. It takes a bit to figure out but there's lots of online tutorials and such. It's a great program and you can do a lot with it.

Heather Ashby said...

My camera is a Canon Rebel T1i. It is an SLR camera so there is a lot to learn. So far I am just sticking with the semi automatic mode. I think I need a photography class to fully understand everything.

Katie said...

These pictures look great! A good camera makes a huge difference. Again, that close-up of Lindsey makes her look like a little model and I love the one of Grant too.

Laura said...

Your pictures are awesome. You have such an eye for it.

Perschon Family said...

I LOVE photography! i agree...what a great hobby! i'm jealous of your new camera...that is fancy! once you learn it all, maybe you can teach me if we ever get one! those pictures are all so cool and i that last one of grant really is so cute!