This week was also my birthday. Aaron gave me these flowers along with a new swim suit, dress, shorts and hair dryer.
After a quick breakfast of cinnamon rolls (my favorite), we headed out the door to our neighborhood patriotic bike parade. It started up by the reservoir. It is a very steep hill to get to the starting point. I didn't think the kids could make it up the hill, so I drove two bikes and the kids to the starting line. Poor Aaron had to ride his bike and the empty trailer to the top. He made it, barely. We are so out of shape!
Grandpa Ashby helped to decorate the bikes & trailer the night before when Aaron took me out to dinner for my birthday. They looked a lot better than if I had done it, wise decision on my part!


After the parade the firefighters came and hosed down the kids. Cass & Linds where soaked!


After we cleaned up from the parade we took the kids over to my mom's so that Aaron and I could go to his BYU MBA reunion. He had a great time reconnecting with classmates. I was bored out of my mind. Aaron felt bad for dragging me there on my birthday so he decided to take our family to see Cars 2. We never take the kids to a movie in a theater unless it is a $1 theater. It was a lot of fun.


After a quick breakfast of cinnamon rolls (my favorite), we headed out the door to our neighborhood patriotic bike parade. It started up by the reservoir. It is a very steep hill to get to the starting point. I didn't think the kids could make it up the hill, so I drove two bikes and the kids to the starting line. Poor Aaron had to ride his bike and the empty trailer to the top. He made it, barely. We are so out of shape! 
For dinner we were trying to find something between Thanksgiving Point Theater and our house. I remembered that IKEA had Free Kids Meals July 1-4th so we took the kids to dinner there. I love their Swedish Meatballs!

Kind of a random, unique way to spend a birthday. I had a great time being with my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment