Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Grant & Grandpa

When we were going through my dad's pictures I was surprised when I saw this picture of my dad. I think Grant and my dad look so much a like. Grant is named after my Grandpa Roberts, Grant DeVere Roberts, my dad's dad.


Until my dad got really sick, Grant was his little buddy. Whenever we would get to their house everyone would go to Grandma first, but not Grant. He would run past Grandma and go directly to Grandpa first. I have always loved that they were good buds. This is one of the things that breaks my heart most is knowing that Grant won't remember his Grandpa and the bond that they shared.


1 comment:

Laura said...

What a heartbreaking and heartwarming post at the same time. Those pictures are priceless. I always thought Grant looked like Dar but he really does look like your dad.