Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Cassidy

If you know Cassidy at all, it won't come as a surprise that she chose to have a "Rock Star" party this year.  

 They all decorated star shaped brownies.


They decorated their own guitar and I made them their own microphone. (Glittered foam ball stuck on a dowel stick)


Karaoke and dancing.  They also watched "Barbie: Princess & the Pop Star"


Of course, flowers from Dad!

Our dear friend, Lori Richards, asked me if she could make Cassidy a birthday cake this year.  Since her party was right after we brought Grant home from the hospital, this was a huge blessing.  I am so awed by her.  This is a lot of work to decorate a cake.  What a wonderful woman.  I hope I can be more thoughtful of others and think of things that really would be helpful when they are in times of need.


Casssidy's actual birthday was while we were at the hospital.  We recruited Aunt Katie to make sure that Cassidy had a great day, even if Mom and Dad were not around.  Katie picked the girls up from school and took them back to her house for a makeover and a movie.  (Tinker Bell, Secret of the Wings)  Then I was able to meet up with Katie's family, Grandma & Grandpa Ashby and the girls at Golden Corral for a birthday dinner.  (We won't mention that I accidentally went to Chuck a Rama, so I was a little late....I had been at the hospital for three days, I was tired! :)




Thanks everyone for helping make Cassidy's birthday special!

No comments: