Friday, November 2, 2012

One week later

All of the many prayers said for Grant have definitely been answered. He is doing amazingly well. If not for the visible scars, you would never know he just had surgery a week ago.

I'm still trying to keep him doing quiet things. We are coloring lots of pictures, painting, Legos, target practice, video games, movies etc. He has way more energy than I do.

For Halloween we set him up on a bench on the porch. He handed out the Halloween candy to all the kids. His sisters took a bucket around for him. This is the way to do it. :-) All the candy, no work.

I am getting more hugs from him than I used to. I was worried this would alter his personality, if anything, it has made him even sweeter and more funny. We just love this guy. We are so grateful that he is doing so well. We are also grateful for all the cards, gifts, meals and help that has been given to us. Thank You!

2 comments:

Trish said...

He's such a sweet little guy.
His zigzag scar kind of surprised me on Halloween. But it makes perfect sense if the purpose is to make hair regrowth around the scar less noticeable.

La Familia Ashby said...

Thank you for keeping us updated Heather. We've been thinking of Granty everyday and look forward to seeing him soon. Love you guys!