Thursday, August 14, 2008

11 years

Today we celebrate our 11 year anniversary. For our ten year we had great plans, we were going to go to Hawaii, or maybe a cruise. But Grant was just three months old and still nursing, so we said, "For sure we will go on a cruise or somewhere for our 11 year." Instead of a cruise, we are celebrating our anniversary by taking our kids to Lagoon. Doesn't get more romantic than that! Lagoon Day at Aaron's work just happened to fall on our anniversary. We haven't been there for years and since we are too cheap to pay for Lagoon ourselves - this is what we get to do. It will actually be fun because we get to spend the day together. Next weekend we get to go out on a real date by ourselves.I am very blessed to be married to my best friend who is such a wonderful, loving husband. I am grateful that we get to spend eternity together.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! 11 years! I was only 14 when you took my big brother from me, or so I thought at the time. I've come around to the idea now though and am so glad to have you as a sister! It was great to talk to you last night, hopefully we'll get to see you soon. Have a great anniversary, sorry I can't be there to babysit so you can go out. I'd love to!

The Grant Family said...

Ahhhh! So sweet! It was fun to see those wedding pictures. Our 11 year anniversary is in December, so I guess we've been married about the same amount of time. I understand the Lagoon thing...we went this summer only because Sean's work had a day there. Someday we'll have a nice anniversary. Probably when we're done paying for raising 4 kids (clothes, shoes, sports, braces, etc., etc.)

Tamsen said...

Congrats! Hope you have a fun day at Lagoon. After I talked to you on the phone I actually thought, "I think Heather and Dar's anniversary is coming up..." didn't realize it was actually today. T.

Kristin said...

Love those pictures. They brought back good memories of our days at The Colony. I loved hanging out with you and Dar. I was so excited when you guys got engaged. You are both such great people. I have been so blessed with amazing friends. Happy Anniversary. Maybe you'll get to Hawaii next year.

Perschon Family said...

You guys are a great couple! I loved seeing those pictures of you guys! Congrats on 11 years! I love that you are going to Lagoon...but I hope you enjoy your date next week!!!

Felipe and Erika said...

So fun to see your pictures! August 14th is our Anniversary too:) 9 years for us!

Laura said...

11 years. Wow! You two are old. Oh wait, that makes me old too. At least we are in good company.

Kristen and Co. said...

What a sweet wedding picture! And all that hair! :)