As we had been told, the swelling has been gradually increasing since the surgery and today Grant's eyes have been swollen shut most of the day. He has been very brave as we help him eat and feel the things he needs like tissues. Heather was gone to the primary program for much of the day so it was just Grant and Dad. He has been able to sleep much of the day and doesn't talk much. We tried reading stories, feeling playdough and listening to music or DVDs. For the most part he has been quiet and stoic. Although it was sad to hear him say, in a small tearful voice, "I want to have littler eyes." Because of the swelling the drain in his head won't be coming out today. But he is improving.
Heather says the primary program went well and the girls, and all the primary kids, did well.

1 comment:
I teared up over the littler eyes. *sniff
What a brave boy. I hope the swelling peaks soon and begins to recede.
Post a Comment