
We took advantage of the nice weather today and hung our christmas lights a little early. Of course we won't turn them on until after Thanksgiving - except to take a picture. Aaron hates hanging lights on the house. Hanging off the edge of a roof or at the top of a ladder that is extended beyond its limits is not his idea of a good time. I stopped asking him to put lights on our house a couple of years ago because I know he doesn't like it. This year he volunteered to do it without me even asking. It's kind of like pregnancy you forget the pain and think - oh it isn't that bad. I am going to enjoy the lights this year because I don't think he will be volunteering again next year. Today I am grateful that my husband hung lights on my house and didn't complain even though he hates doing it.
4 comments:
Just a couple of references to people dying while hanging Christmas lights:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/14863308/detail.html
http://www.emsresponder.com/web/online/Top-EMS-News/Illinois-Man-Dies-Hanging-Christmas-Lights/1$6642
http://www.unknownhighway.com/index.php/site/comments/death_by_hanging_christmas_lights/
This is why I just put candles in the window. I hate to ask JD to do things. Hoorah for Aaron to volunteer.
Aaron is such a great husband to do that for you! It looks amazingly perfect...did he use a ruler or something? Sheesh...he could be a professional. Good work, Aaron. Jesse does this for me, but it's hard with a town home because it has to stop at an awkward spot. Hopefully our new neighbors will let us decorate their half as well...we shall see :)
I've yet to convince my cute hubby to put up Christmas lights. And he won't let me do it. I know he is killing himself studying for tests and working and, and, and .....but Hmmmph! Maybe next year. Gorgeous!!!!
Post a Comment