With so many attacks on the church right now I wanted to share a thought that Aaron's mom had shared with us a few weeks ago. I hope she doesn't mind.
"In the spring of 1976, then Elder Ezra Taft Benson presided at our Stake Conference in Bountiful. He warned that as the world continued on its course toward the Second Coming, evil would become more evil and righteousness would become more righteous. He said there would be a "great polarizing" throughout the world and a huge gulf would form between good and evil. There would come a time in these Last Days that “good and honorable people” could no longer stay in “gray areas” because they would be forced to take a stand on one side of that gulf or the other."
I've thought a lot about this. As I was thinking about what I am grateful for today, I was thinking about the Savior. I am so grateful for my testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He lives. That He loves us. I know that the true church has been restored to the earth. I am grateful to be a member of His church. I am grateful that there is a prophet of God here on the earth to lead us in these last days. I am grateful that I can be on the Lord side.
1 comment:
That is so true and is becoming more and more evident. And although it may at times seem a little (or a lot) more work being on the "Lord's Side," I find that I am truly so much more happy when I am committed to doing his will and seeking out good. I've been thinking about you a lot lately and I apologize for not having a chance to comment, but I just want to let you know what a good mom and person you are. You have your hands full, more so than I can imagine, and through all the sickness, craziness, and business, you still teach your wonderful children about the gospel and do so much for them. It is a lot of work being a stay at home mom, but like you said, we wouldn't trade it for anything. Here's to you and your truly amazing family.
Post a Comment