My children are still young enough that they don't remember a lot from year to year. This creates a new and exciting adventure every time they rediscover something about Christmas. Seeing Santa at the end of the Thanksgiving Parade. Seeing Christmas lights. Putting up the Christmas tree - looking at each ornament like it was the first time that they have seen it. Driving down the streets and seeing decorations everywhere. Watching Christmas shows on TV. Pulling out their stockings. The retelling of the story of the birth of Jesus. Singing Christmas carols.
The joy and excitement that is seen on their faces and the laughter and happiness in their voices are somethings that I wish I could capture. I know that these moments aren't going to last. As they get older and remember from year to year it will lose it magic. I am just trying to enjoy these moments while I can.
1 comment:
The magic of christmas is all about little ones and it doesn't last long. I bet it is so fun to see it through your kids eyes.
Post a Comment