Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ancestors

We are going to be talking about family history for our Activity Day tomorrow. Preparing information for this activity has helped me be grateful for my ancestors. They sacrificed a lot so that I could be were I am today. I need to get more involved in my family's history. I had to call my mom to get the names of my great grandparents. I am ashamed that I didn't already know that information. My mom should be ashamed as well, because she had to look up her own grandpa's name - who apparently has the same name as her father. :) Thanks for the laugh Mom.

2 comments:

Perschon Family said...

I'm having fun checking back with you each day to see what you're thankful for! I started doing the same thing after reading your blog but I've been a slacker this week!

I'm glad you had a good laugh with your Mom! I as well need to get on the ball with that! I have great stories to tell about my ancestors and I can never keep them straight! A little more effort on my part could help! Anyway, keep up that gratitude!

The Grant Family said...

SHOCK just ran through my body as I read this post and I'm glad it did! After reminding Sean about a dozen times that we needed to do this ancestor thing with Catie on Sunday we eventually....forgot. Well, no Sean's side of the family I guess and now I have to scramble together and do my side!!!