Matt. 18: 3 "And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
Ever since Whitney has turned seven years old, I have noticed a change in her. She is - on her own - beginning the process of preparing for baptism. She has had several days where she comes home from church and is very somber and wants to read her scriptures. She is peaceful and asks lots of questions. She is very eager to bare her testimony, but she doesn't just want to go up there and say what everyone else is saying. She wants to write it down and have it be what she believes. We have had a couple of family home evenings to discuss testimonies and given her the opportunity to bare her testimony to our family. This last Monday night I had a migraine so I joined FHE late. I'm not exactly sure what Aaron was saying to the girls, but it was basically the plan of salvation. This concept was fascinating to Whitney. She had so many questions. She said the closing prayer and her prayer was so beautiful. I couldn't believe my ears that these words were coming out of my daughter's mouth. I wish I could remember exactly what she said, but it was a very sincere prayer, better than a lot of my prayers. She wants to have her room clean and her shelves organized so that her room can be a place that Jesus would want to be.
I am grateful that we have had Family Home Evenings in our home. It would have been so easy to give up because until now, I'm pretty sure that no one was listening. The structure that we are building with having FHE almost every week is what can lead up to great moments like this last Monday. It would have been so easy to not have FHE that night. Aaron didn't get home from work until 7pm. I, as mentioned, had a miagraine. When Aaron got home I went to bed and he said he would just throw something together for FHE. As I laid in my bed, I felt that I was missing out on something. I'm grateful that I went downstairs and joined them at the end so that I could be a part of it. We really can learn a lot from our children.
3 comments:
You are such good examples to us. What a payday for all your FHE efforts.
I love this post! She really is a sweet girl! I'm so glad you were able to hear her prayer and that you felt that satisfaction and "payoff" for all of your efforts! You really are a great example!!!!
So sweet. I love these moments.
Post a Comment