Sunday, June 1, 2008

Finding Joy

Our lesson today was on finding joy. I was thinking how having this blog is helping me to find joy. Somehow it changes your perspective and you start looking for the good that you can write about. One of the greatest joy is a bit obvious, but my family. One of our favorite places to go as a family is the Gardens at Thanksgiving Point. We have spent a lot of time there as a family. It is amazing to me how peaceful and joyful of a place that it is. We often go for family night. I think it is a great opportunity for our children to experience the beauty of the earth that God has created. We will be in the car on the way with the kids saying the usual: "Do we have to go?" "Why are we going there?" From the first moment we get there, the mood is changed and everyone is smiling and enjoying each other. Our kids favorite part is rolling down the grass hills of the amphitheatre. None of our children (well, ok, Grant excluded) want to leave when it is time to go. Getting a membership there was the best thing we did with our family.

We love dragging any willing people there with us, so if anyone is ever bored - give us a call. This is a great close by destination to escape the world for a few moments. As Aaron and I have been reviewing our budgets at the end of the month and realize that we have spent $380 on gas this past month. (We have only gone to school and work, no special trips, just everyday normal commuting. This is up about $150 since January.) As we pick our jaws off the floor we realize how we will just not be able to afford to travel much anymore with the price of gas. Thanksgiving Point is our perfect little hideaway.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I knew you would like blogging and I totally agree with you on looking for positive things to write about. Your pictures are great too.

Kristin said...

Beautiful blog, Heather. I love the Thanksgiving Point Gardens too. I wish that we lived closer. I would love to meet up there sometime. Someday.

So glad that you found my blog and game me your link. It will be fun get some updates and see some pictures of your beautiful family here. We will be in Utah for a bit this summer. I would love to get together.

JD said...

I love this post. We would love to join you at the gardens anytime.
Laura