Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer Fun

Today is the first day of summer vacation. I've decided that I could either dread the next 11 weeks, or I could make it a really fun summer. I have a two things in my favor this summer that I don't think I've had in a long time. I am not pregnant and I don't have a newborn!
Here is my plan. I am going to try and do at least one fun thing each day. I don't want to come up with something new and creative every day. So, I will have different days of each week that we do the same thing:
Example:
Monday could be library day. There are 18 different libraries in the SLCLS. We could visit a new library each week. There are some really fun libraries around here. My kids love going to the library and checking out books. It would be fun for the kids to see a map and check off each library that we visit. Plus it is free.
Tuesday could be Thanksgiving Point day. We could go to different places at Thanksgiving Point. They have the farm, the dinosaur museum, the childrens gardens, the main gardens, the free gardens. Plus they have activities all the time that we could get involved in. By the time you go to each one it would be fun to go to them again. Plus it is free with our membership.
Wednesday could be park day. There are so many neighborhood parks in this area. We could easily find a new park to go to each week. Plus it is free.
Thursday could be a lot of different things. Like this Thursday we are going to Horton Hears a Who at the dollar theatre. We could go to the zoo, temple square, gateway, Tracy Aveary, Wheeler Farm, we could have arts&crafts day etc.
Friday could be a water day. We could go to the Splash Park, we could set up our swimming pool, or sprinklers, or slip-n-slide if I buy one. I don't think I could manage going to a swimming pool with my kids. We will also do swimming lessons this summer. Most of this should be free as well.
These are just my random ideas that I have been thinking about today. I had to write them down or I would forget them. Hopefully if we do this it would help us so the kids have something to look forward to. It would help them so they aren't just watching TV or playing the Wii all day. It gets them doing stuff together. It gets us opportunities to do stuff with other people. If anyone is ever bored, give us a call and I will let you know what we are doing that day. Also I would love ideas of what we could go do.

4 comments:

Laura said...

It wounds like you have a great plan. I am feeling the magic of summer this year since I am not working and have a toddler who is ready to party.

We'll have to join you for some of the fun.

Laura said...

I meant sounds not wounds. I guess that is why JD always proofreads.

The Grant Family said...

Hey Heather! I didn't know you had a blog. Thanks for leaving a comment on mine so I could find you.

Sounds like a fun summer!

g said...

You are a great mom, I wish I had your energy!