Monday, June 16, 2008

Fathers Day

My husband had quite the Father's Day. He had meetings starting at 7:30am so no sleeping in or special breakfast for him. I did buy some premade cream cheese rolls for him to grab as he ran out the door. We got home from church 12:30ish. I told him I would make him a special lunch. He orders an omelet with sausage and Swiss cheese. We don't make a lot of omelets at our house. Aaron is usually the one in charge of cooking the eggs, because for some reason I am not good at cooking eggs. Such was the case with the omelet. I tried hard, but I know I failed. His comments were very nice like "It's like there is a special sauce on it" translation, "This omelet is really runny." Despite the fact that Aaron said it tasted good, he got out the Betty Crocker cookbook and started reading up on how to make omelets. Such is Aaron, if he doesn't know how to do something, he finds out how. Had I been smart I would have done that before I attempted making the omelet.
After the failed lunch I bring out the unwrapped presents, let the kids choose which one is from them and we throw them in some sacks. Aaron hurries and opens a few presents and then we do a rush job of packing and we rush out the door at 2:30 and take him to the airport. We spent the remainder of the day with my family. Aaron spent it on an airplane.

No comments: