Monday, June 9, 2008

Remodel Madness

This is the week that I have both been looking forward to and also dreading at the same time. We are having our countertops installed today, our carpet is installed on Wednesday, and our sectional is going to be delivered this week. So, why the dread? Living without a kitchen, is quite the task with little kids. Breakfast, for example, we have cereal. What to do with the leftover milk in the bowl when the kids are done? Toss it is the bushes, perhaps? I opted for flushing down the toilet. I made Grant's baby oatmeal in the bathroom sink. I tossed coated bowls in the dishwasher. We'll see if it really gets them clean like they claim! I'm not sure what I am going to do for the rest of the meals today.

Wednesday is going to be more of a problem. We have to remove all of our furniture that touchs carpet from the upstairs. That is a lot of stuff. I'm not sure where we are going to put it all. I am making Dar work from home that day and I am vacating the premises. There is no way I can keep four kids downstairs with no bathroom for the entire day. The stairs are getting new carpet as well, so if you can just imagine trying to get the kids up and down the stairs with the nailstrips everywhere. No thanks.

We have finally completed painting our upstairs. We painted the living room/kitchen area a couple of months ago. I painted the office over Memorial Day. I painted our bedroom over the weekend. We wanted to get it all finished before the carpet comes. Our entire house is now the same tan color. The color is called Cottonwood - hum, any guesses as to why Dar would choose that color? Whitney doesn't understand why we would want everything the same. I like it because this means that hopefully we won't have to paint again. Neutral!

Those who haven't visited us in a while won't recognize the place. I am very excited to see it all come together. If I can just survive this week.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Am I going to have to sleep on cement Wednesday night? This should be very interesting...Can't wait to see you all in less than 48 hours!

JD said...

It will be so worth it but what a crazy week. Can't wait to see it.

Laura